Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Well...that wasn't very nice."

Those are the words CiBaby said to me after our entire, funny, interaction.

CiBaby: "Mama, I'm hungry."
Me: "What would you like for breakfast?"
CiBaby: "I don't quite know yet."
Me: "Okay. Well, I'm going to quick go to the bathroom and you think about it."
CiBaby: "Okay Mama."

I head off to the bathroom.
10 seconds later, the door flies open.

CiBaby: "Mama, I know what I want for breffas."
Me: "Can't this wait until I'm done?"
CiBaby (clearly not listening to me): "I want cinnamon toast and salsa toast and a half a cup of orange juice."
Me: "Salsa toast?"
CiBaby: "The kind we had last night."
Me: "Honey, that was dill bread."
CiBaby: "Oh! Right! I want cinnamon toast and dill toast, wif buddah and a half a cup of orange juice."
Me: "Okay, I'll get it for you when I'm done. Go pick out your cup and plate. Now could you let me finish?"

CiBaby walks alway and slams the door.
10 seconds later...the door flies open.

CiBaby: "Mama, is this right?" (holding a straw to a straw cup)
Me: "Yes, dear, but I'm not going to get you anything until I'm finished."
CiBaby, sitting on the edge of the tub chitchatting away...
Me: "Honey, really...could I please have some privacy?"
CiBaby: "Oh! Right! I forgot."

Out she goes...door slams again.
10 seconds later I hear her hand hit the doorknob...the door starting to open.

Me: "Honey! Leave me alone!"
CiBaby: "Well...that wasn't very nice."

Sigh.