Monday, February 16, 2009

Mom-genuity

I don't know about your children, but mine tends to waste a lot of food. Try as I might, at the end of the day there is a half eaten carrot, a half an apple, and various other fruits and veggies. Give her less you say? Nope, there's still always half left. It's one of her little quirks. To even think of putting them in the compost pile makes me cringe.

A few weeks ago my mother-in-law handed us her old juicer. To say I was thrilled to have another appliance might be much. We already have a great juicer, but it's big. Really big. Taking it out of it's sleeping spot, setting it up and then cleaning it is an all day task. So when I juice, I JUICE. But this juicer is much smaller and the blade is basically the same (I think it's the same maker, just under a different name).

A few days after she gave us the juicer I had an idea. After offering up the half eaten F&Vs to CiBaby and being completely shunned, I threw them into the juicer, and voila! Mega hit. It was such a hit that she even stole the cup of juice T-Daddy and I were sharing and called it her own.

Waste not, want not. That's what I call Mom-genuity.

2 comments:

Aiden and Grant's Mommy said...

Ooooh what's the name of it. I have been wanting a juicer!
Brilliant by the way!

CzaMama said...

The small one is a Braun and the large one is a Jack LaLanne.