Why is it when you think you've fixed a problem, a small child finds a work around?
A few weeks ago we had several friends over. Once about half of the people were gone, all of a sudden we noticed that CiBaby and her friend, "Wibby," had been in the house for a bit too long...alone. Wibby's mama went into investigate and found the girls giggling and cheering up a storm in the bathroom...to which they had flooded by turning on the water full blast in the sink and were splashing around in it. J came out to tell me what had happened, the girls were soaked but smiling ear to ear. Little did I know how much water was on the floor! Suffice it to say, I needed the mop! Not a huge deal. We had a talk and that was the end of it.
Several days later, CiBaby was in the bathroom "washing her hands," but it was taking way too long. Come to find her again, filling the sink with the water full blast. Thankfully I caught her before a great flood, but there was water on the floor again, none the less. A time out was had...and I cleaned out the slow drain.
Yesterday. Oh yesterday. I was trying to do a bit of deep cleaning in the refrigerator and CiBaby was out in the living room playing, until she headed to the bathroom. What is it with kids and bathrooms??? If she wasn't toilet-training/trained I'd put one of those doorknob covers on the door! There she was, at the sink again. Water pouring out of the faucet full blast, washcloth in hand to help the water cascade over the pedestal sink. Well, I yelled...we both had a time-out in separate rooms, and I sat there wracking my brain trying to figure out how she did it again! I'd cleaned the drain out and it was running clear and fast. Except...she had put a wadded up piece of toilet paper in the drain catcher...which mushed up and completely stopped the water from running down the drain.
Dangit! Why is she so smart???!!!
*Of course when T-Daddy got home she told him, very seriously, "Mama mad." Ummm yeah.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That is pretty darn smart the little bugger
Post a Comment