When in the world did the word "please" become magic??? I don't know about you, but to me, "Please" and "Thank You" are key words in civilized society...a society that is sometimes forgotten and fantasy and "magic" come to call in its place. Good manners, humility and graciousness are not magic, they are essential.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I just think they are magic because when you use them, they magically make people more open to listening to you. Just like manners, they "magically" open doors. I much more apt to listen to my little ones when they ask nicely than when they whine. I guess it's not really magic. Good food for thought!
To me, when I hear people say "What's the magic word???" it's like fingernails down a chalkboard.
I get what you're saying, E, but at the same time people will do what they want. Our choice to use good manners, regardless of the outcome, is exactly that...our choice.
Post a Comment