Monday, July 19, 2010

What's in the Box - part 2

Our 2nd week came with a little extra fun...our box was missed. But! The great people at our CSA drove one out to us the next day. AWESOME!!!!

Box #2 contained:
a loaf of cinnamon raisin whole wheat bread (which we actually got the day before with the other deliveries)
1 head red leaf lettuce
1 head green leaf lettuce
1 bunch of carrots
3 cucumbers
1 pint blueberries
1 quart snow peas

What did we make?

On the day of the main delivery, since I didn't have a box of new veggies, but had a few left from last week, and a wonderful, fresh loaf of bread we threw together a salad and toast with honey. We used up our head of red lettuce, I quickly cooked up some chicken breasts, toasted almonds and strawberries (I forgot the green onions!) and topped it with the poppy seed dressing from Trader Joe's. It was delicious! We've even gotten CiBaby to start eating entree salads too. Yippy!

Once our box arrived he next day it was a stir-fry of zucchini, snow peas, carrots and chicken breast over rice. I don't have a recipe for you as it was one of my "a little of this and a little of that" dishes that I don't bother to keep track of.

And I will tell you now, we eat A LOT of our veggies naked, and virgin (raw), so I won't bore you with all of the deets.

No comments: