This year I decided to try my hand at making natural egg dyes,
just for fun.
(pickled beet juice, grape juice, pomegranate tea, passion tea, green tea, chili powder, and red cabbage)
Here is how they turned out...
(from top left: red cabbage, grape juice, green tea, passion tea, pomegranate tea, and pickled beet juice. The chili powder is pictured in the center of the bowl...a golden brown)
And a very excited little girl! She insisted on eating the pink egg first...it was quite tasty!
It was definitely a fun experiment.



4 comments:
They are so pretty! I love them! Of course, eggs are my nemesis, but for those that eat them, they should be eaten this way!;-)))
Beautiful! Now - you have to give us instructions on how to do it ourselves! I love how the speckled ones turned out.
Thanks! I just searched it out and came upon this website http://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/EasterEggDye.htm I used their list for guidance. I will tell you I left the egged in the solutions for a few days...I would not advise this if it has a highly acidic solution...it makes the shells soft. And with the cabbage solution I first added the vinegar and then added some baking soda which turned them an awesome blue! Kitchen chemistry...so fun!
Rena, they turned out so beautifully!!!
Post a Comment