Sunday, March 2, 2008

Wisdom from a Starbucks cup

the way i see it...

#283

"The most important thing in life is to stop saying "I wish" and start saying "I will." Consider nothing impossible, then treat possibilities as probabilities." - David Copperfield


#258 (this one was interesting and a bit thought provoking - and no, I'm not a conservative)

"Because true conservatives are pessimists, they are happier than liberals, for three reasons. First, pessimists are rarely surprised. Second, when they are wrong they are delighted to be so. Third pessimists do not put their faith in princes - in government. They understand that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. Happiness is an activity; it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness." - George F. Will - Pulitzer Prize-winning author and columnist.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

George Will is wrong. He doesn't seem to know the difference between pessimism and cynicism. Dumbass.

CzaMama said...

See??? He's right! You aren't happy.

;-)

I'm only kidding Bucky.

mwah!
Cza