Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My daughter, the pre-preschool dropout

It's official. At the ripe old age of 28 months, CiBaby is a dropout.

Today was "school" day. It had been 4 weeks since the last time she was there. The first week they had off for teacher conferences (they follow the district school calendar), and the last 2 because she was sick.

As we were getting ready for school, lunch packed and dressed (she looked awfully cute, didn't she?!?) we were talking about school and what they were going to be doing today. It didn't seem to phase her. Once we were in the car she was talking about her lunch and I mentioned her teachers' names. The wave of panic that crossed her face at the mere mention their names and the crying that ensued was more than this mother's heart could take. I had everything I could do to not cry myself.

We continued on to school to talk to the director and the teachers, who were completely understanding, suggested that maybe we try something else for this year and even mentioned that if she seems to want to come back to call them and they would most likely be able to get her back into the program. They really are great.

T-Daddy and I had been discussing that if it didn't start going better that we would just pull her out, but this was the infamous straw. She's only 2, and life is definitely too short for this much trauma for something that was suppose to be fun. Now, if she was in primary school this would be a completely different subject.

So here we are...our Tuesdays are free once more, or at least for now.

1 comment:

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

She looks adorable and I think you made a good choice, the right choice for her and you guys. A year makes a huge difference.