Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 2 of Chinese New Year 2009

The 2nd day of the Lunar New Year started out with...

"Mama, take my picture with B!"

Then we headed over to the Mall of America where this week's Toddler Tuesday activity was Chinese New Year. There were Lion Dancers, crafts and snacks (glutinous rice balls).

CiBaby was very curious about the lion.

At one point the lion was right in front of us. We even had an opportunity to have our picture taken with the lion, CiBaby lead the way. We had to show her there was a person inside, but was still very apprehensive.


See her clutching the rice ball?
She was still so curious about that darn lion.


After the festivities were over, we did a little shopping and playing.
We even stopped at a fountain to "throw coins."


It was a great day in the life.

Today we're laying low and having jammie day (like my friend Kar calls it). I need to finalize my dinner menu for Saturday and I feel like I'm coming down with something. I woke up feeling like I had a terrible hangover, but there was no alcohol involved! I've popped an Airborne, so hopefully I can nip it in the lotus bud.

1 comment:

Sara H. said...

I hope you start feeling better.