Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ironic?

CiBaby and I just got back from our local natural foods co-op, to which we belong. We picked up some tahini for our hummus, no-nitrate added, antibiotic free hotdogs (CiBaby had been begging for them for several days) and some of the finest local cream you will find on the earth...I'm going to make butter, just for fun.

As we were leaving the co-op and walking back to our car I noticed 3 of their employees standing outside of their rear door...smoking. A store that emphasizes healthy eating and living, where a lot of their employees are vegetarians if not vegans and here they are smoking?

Not sure what's worse...the occasional meat and non-organic, non-locally grown food or cigarettes. hmmmmm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would go with the smoking!

CzaMama said...

Hehe! ya think??? ;-)

Darla said...

Definitely, definitely the heaters! When I'm amongst the granola crowd (and I did do most of my shopping at the wedge), I've had this same thought. cigarettes??? I always rationalized that we all need our vices.

~Steph said...

I worked at a medical clinic a few years ago, and the number of nurses who went outside to smoke really surprised me!