Thursday, February 26, 2009

Since when is "Mr." okay?

Call me old school, but when did calling the President of the United States "Mr." okay?* I believe that a seat such as this deserves, regardless of your political leaning, the title of "President." Kind of like "Doctor" so-and-so, etc. When did we become so relaxed in addressing and referring to people?

*Not that it makes it better, but when President Obama had been elected and President Bush was on his way out, it made a little sense, but still not acceptable in my book.

3 comments:

Suzy said...

I noticed it quite a few years ago and we talked about it here too. The current President is called Mr. and all previous are called Former President Xxx. Drives be batty.

Anonymous said...

Hear-Hear
or is it
Here-Here

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. Our manners in general have been degraded to a point where good manners are nearly an anomaly! So sad.