Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Garden Mice and Musings

 
ground cherries grow wild
little lanterns of delight
loved by child and mouse
 
 
I have noticed fairly recently that we have a large influx of small animals in our yard this year...especially of the rodent variety. I have seen more rabbits than I have in a very long time and the mice! Holy cow....we have a lot of garden mice this year. One day the Squirt and I even saw a little mouse gather a ground cherry, shuck it and nibble away. Of course it ran away when I went to get the camera...but trust me...it was cute.
 
Today, while on the phone with a friend I caught, out the window, little mice climbing my Black Eyed Susans, nibbling off the flower heads and hauling them away. It was hysterical.


 
 
As for the rabbits...well...apparently the word is out...the Loaf has retired.
 
 


1 comment:

Sara H. said...

Cute. They looked like they were having a great time.