...do you feel old?
Today we celebrate Chinese New Year, the year of the rat.
How are we going to celebrate? CzaMama is making dinner! We are having Barley and Vegetable Soup, Soy Roast Chicken with Ginger and Spring Onion and Cashew and Chili Fried Rice, all from the Chinatown cookbook, and some Big Bowl egg rolls (from the freezer section ;-). Then after dinner, CzaMama is running away to a Tupperware party (LOL!).
T-Daddy is celebrating at work today, they are having a Chinese New Year celebration, but it's only for employees (boo!).
Along with our celebrating we will try to bring ourselves good luck and keep away the bad luck. I will briefly open the door as it's only 9F degrees today (remember, it's the tundra). It's a good thing I bought new shoes for Saturday's wedding last weekend and that I already have the pants I'm going to wear. Oh shoot, I can't sweep today...darn. Although I don't think I can get away with not cleaning at all...I guess we just won't have as much good luck as possible. It also looks like I can only spruce up my hair as I don't want to wash away my luck.
When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other. - Chinese Proverb
Happy New Year!
**All of the recipes were absolutely delish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Happy New Year! I was wondering what you would do to celebrate. The crew is wearing red today in honor of the New Year.
Ker
Happy New Year! :D
Post a Comment