This morning I had my first go round of the year at a Q&A table answering gardening questions.*
I love this time of the year. The hustle and bustle of the market. The flowers, the veggies, the sights, sounds and smells. And the people. I love the people. There are your Average Joes and Janes, burb dwellers, urban folks, your very "outside the box" people, kids and babies. But my favorite people are the farmers. I love leisurely strolling the aisles and looking to see whose new and whose back for another season. Thinking back to what I bought from each stand last year, what creation I came up with and what I'm going to do this year.
There's just something about it. Call me nostalgic, call me old fashioned, call me a farm-girl at heart (but born and raised in the city), but to me there's nothing better than soaking in and utilizing all of the sustainability that our city has to offer. It's just really cool.
*It was fabulous, by the way. Of course I didn't know every answer to every question, but knowing where to look or where to send the question-asker for the answer is almost as good.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Sounds lovely, I'm jealous. I am the farm kid that longs for the vegetable garden and clothes line!
Post a Comment