One year ago today we were in San Francisco in the morning/early afternoon. T-Daddy and I slept in without worry. We then trudged back down the hill to Sears' Fine Foods*, where we sat at the counter and had a wonderful omlets (mine was egg whites only...allergy to yolks). One of us had seafood in it, but I don't recall which. They were both delicious.
Back up the hill we went to finish organizing our luggage and get a cab. Off we went to SFO. I remember being so nervous. I'm not an anxious flier, I think it was what was to come later that had my stomach all a twitter. We started our 11 hour, non-stop flight to Tokyo, a short layover and then onto Beijing (another 3 hours) for a grand total of 14 hours of travelling...in one day.
Today was another completely different day. CiBaby and I raced around in the morning. Gymnastics, the Farmers' Market with G-Mama and then off to a birthday party for one of CiBaby's little pals at Pump It Up, an indoor inflatables place. What a blast!** There was climbing and slides, obstacle courses, tubes and hoops and lots of smiles on the kids' faces. The adults even got into the act! What fun. I also heard a lot of "I do it!" and "Mom stay." My baby is growing up too fast.
Later we went back to Gramma and Bopa's house to have CzaMama's special birthday dinner...chicken cannelloni and angel food cake. Yum! What a great day.
*Sears, not to be confused with the department store, is right across the street from Scala.
**Little did I know they let adults jump/play around so I had to buy a pair of socks for $2, a small price to pay for big fun with my girl!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love how you are recounting your trip. You have had quite a year.
Post a Comment