Monday, October 6, 2008

One year ago today - October 6, 2007

One year ago today I was officially "unemployed" and turning 34 years old. T-Daddy and I woke up early, threw on baseball caps and comfy clothes and headed to the airport to get CiBaby's paper ticket fixed before we actually started our adventure to China. We spent almost 2 hours working with a ticket agent. Talk about a "fun" way to spend your birthday...but it needed to be done.

Today I was able to sleep until 7:30 AM (by a small miracle and the fact that CiBaby was awake for about 2 hours during the night) and then got ready for our day. The original plan was to go to the zoo in our fair city, but plans changed and we hung around the house with some friends we made while in China getting our children. It was a lovely morning/afternoon.

One year ago today I was scrambling to pack our suitcases with all of the necessities for our trip. Not knowing what size our baby was or what the weather or culture would be like made this a bit difficult.

Today we dressed in jeans, t-shirts, sweaters and tennis shoes and didn't worry if we had everything on hand right now. Things were more predictable. And while I wasn't able to spend the day at the spa by myself it was a lovely day, none the less, with my girl...and I'm 35.

6 comments:

Mama J said...

Happy Birthday! Sure, you may be a year older, but I'll bet spending the day with your girl made this your best birthday ever :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

Katerina said...

Happy Birthday!

Aiden and Grant's Mommy said...

Happy Birthday hun! Wow what a year you have had huh?
Glad you had a good day and spent it however you wanted!

Love ya

Janine said...

Happy Birthday. I am so glad you had a great day. I also love the idea about writing about "a year ago" I may have to do something similar around Christmas for Olivia!

Sarah said...

Major lurker coming out of the closet to wish you a happy belated birthday:) --Sarah