Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth

One of the gifts my Grandmother received for Christmas this year was a plane ticket to Walt Disney World in Florida (going with G-Mama). G-Mama and I talked about it and decided it would be a neat surprise if CiBaby and I tagged along for a 4 generations trip, as Grams had always talked about how neat it would be. The tickets were purchased, hotel arrangements were made and until Grams got onto the plane she was none the wiser we were coming with them.

Auntie picked up Grams and G-Mama before the butt-crack of dawn for a 6 AM flight to Orlando. She wanted to go to the gate with them, but with the newish security, and a really grumpy ticket agent, she wasn't able to. Oddly CiBaby and I beat her to our seats and as she approached and saw us she asked, "how did you get here?" Then we broke the news to her that she had two more travel companions. She was elated.

Turns out the Happiest Place on Earth (i.e. WDW's Magic Kingdom) wasn't just that for CiBaby. It was just too much, too much, too much. Too loud, too busy, too crowded, too hot. And little did I/we know, fog is a very scary thing. Oy. Thankfully the 3 other parks were much more calm and enjoyable for all of us.

Here are several pictures of our trip.






At one point, on the last day in the parks, G-Mama and Grams went on the Backlot Tour, CiBaby fell asleep and I just happened to walk past a cocktail stand. Ahhhh me time!


When reflecting over a cup-a-joe my Grams told G-Mama that she was so happy that CiBaby got to know her...which of course brought her to tears. (Have I told y'all we're criers???)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased you had a fantastic time and that your Grandmother enjoyed herself. Love the pictures... you little one is growing FAST!