This time last year I was a mother, not only to our 2 older children, but to a little girl in China that I had yet to hold in my arms. I said a little prayer for each of them then as I did today...but today was different.
Today I got to hold my sweet girl in my arms as we dance around the house, washed the sticky syrup from our morning pancakes out of her hair and off my arms. I also got to hear "Happy Mother's Day, I missed you here" and "I love you" from our oldest son (which I have to admit shock the pants off of me).
At the same time as all the joy, I feel sad. My heart aches for a woman in China who no longer has her sweet baby to hold and dance around the house with her. To get to know how wonderful, outgoing, funny, smart, caring and beautiful CiBaby is. I also feel a great sense of joy that I'm the one that was chosen to take this sweet being in and raise her as my own.
So today...Happy Mother's Day to both of us. Thank you and I'm sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Happy Mothers Day my friend.
I have thought of you and your precious princess often today. I am so excited you have her in your arms this Mothers Day!
I am pleased A feels that way about you. You are a wonderful mum!
Big Hugs
- Janine
Now who is making who sob! Or is that whom? In any case you have wonderful children.
Post a Comment