I was invited to a MOPs meeting by a friend, which happened yesterday. Because I was a guest I couldn't bring CiBaby with me as they didn't have enough volunteers for both the regular Moppets and the guests. So I called up Auntie and Uncle Horsie to see if they were available. They were thrilled to have CiBaby over.
I dropped her off a little before 9AM as the meeting was about a 1/2 hour away. No tears on CiBaby's part. They played away for hours...around the house and at the park. I even got to do some errands on my way back. Once I reached the house there was a note on the door "don't ring doorbell, baby sleeping!" WOOOHOOOO!
I rapped quietly on the door and Auntie answered and said "watch were you walk." Ummm okay. Where in the world is she sleeping?? Well, apparently she thought the spot where the kitchen meets the dining room was as good as any for sleeping. Her head was on the carpet of the dining room and the rest of her was on the hardwood in the kitchen. This is a first. I've always heard people talk about kids falling asleep mid-play and anywhere, but not my child...until yesterday.
As she was sleeping Auntie told me a cute story.
CiBaby was walking around the dining room and all of a sudden she started saying "Mom!" "Mom!" At first Auntie thought she was calling for me. No. She saw a picture of me on the door to the garage (it's metal and the picture was a magnet). So Auntie took it down and handed it to CiBaby. "Mom!" mwah...she kissed the picture.
It's things like this that make it all worth while and help to fade those hard days away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Awww! So sweet. I remember when both William and John, on different days, fell asleep on the same spot on the carpet. Hysterical and of course, incriminating pictures had to be taken! ;)
Post a Comment