Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dollars and Sense - I am curious

I'm not trying to start a worldwide debate, I'm just curious. With American Airlines announcing Wednesday they are charging passengers for even 1 checked bag $15, more for the next ($25 for the second I believe) with the premise that it's because of soaring fuel prices it makes me wonder...Would people feel better about paying higher ticket prices or the baggage charge?

I see you are coming from all over the world now (yay!) so everyone please vote on the sidebar (don't worry, it's anonymous). If you have a comment feel free to add it. But like I said, I'm not trying to start a debate about this I'm just curious to see how people feel about it.

As of 5/30/08

Question: Airline fees - Higher ticket prices or a baggage charge?
Poll results: 13 votes
5 - Raise ticket prices due to higher fuel charges
3 - Add baggage charge to supplement rising fuel costs
0 - Both
5 - Shove both, er umm...neither

1 comment:

Muganoot Mommy said...

I don't mind paying a few extra bucks to cover the expense of bags. I do mind pastrami and sauerkraut sandwiches and the ensuing gas they bring. Can they charge extra for flatulence?