What do they say about a double yolk, you'll have good luck when you have an egg with a double yolk? Well we had 2 from the same carton yesterday...is that double lucky or does it go to the negative and bring bad luck?I'm thinking it was the later.
First, I had a not so great conversation with "customer service" from a major airline. Fine whatever, customer service isn't what it use to be, you'd think I'd get that through my thick head by now (I guess I'm holding out hope).
Second, after we put CiBaby to bed last night, T-Daddy and I snuggled down to watch a movie. All lights in the house were off, except for the glow from the TV in our bedroom as we watched Mona Lisa Smile. We were about an hour into the movie and all of a sudden there were multiple loud thuds in the front of the house. We literally jumped out of bed and raced to the front ready to attack as we thought someone was trying to break in. Smart? Probably not, but it was instinctual...keep the house and all of it's beings safe.
Come to find, our house had been egged! You have got to be kidding me. Why?!? We don't have kids in Junior/Senior High in the house (not that it's a good excuse but it's a little more understandable/reasonable), we are very neighborly and what a waste of a good dozen eggs! So of course I called the police as it was an act of vandalism.
The officer finally came and we talked with him. There were several of them, as we heard multiple voices right before the eggs flew and we were pretty sure they were on foot. The officer said he was going to be looking around the area, I went inside and T-Daddy went to wash the house down...yes it was 11 PM by then, but that couldn't wait until morning. As T-Daddy went back to turn on the water he heard voices, got to the officer before he left and told him where he heard them. The officer took off...
I walked towards the next street over and saw 3 early teen boys running faster than I thought humanly possible up the street, with a police car right behind them. I stopped to talk with two women walking down the street. They caught one kid who wasn't apparently as spry as the other two. He was put in the squad car and taken in for curfew violation, as he didn't have any eggs on him. While talking with the women, one woman said she thought there were 6 kids as she saw 2 packs of 3 kids each running from different ways. Interesting.
All of a sudden 3 teen boys came sauntering down the street, one of the woman went to talk with the boys and they swore up and down that it wasn't them, that it was friends of theirs from a party they were at around the corner. I believed it because why would you even come near the area with all of the police cars around?
Would you believe the officer came back to tell us they had gotten one of the kids and brought him in (oooooooh I bet his parents are going to be PISSED!) and then...then told us those boys that talked to us were also part of the deal?!? Ballsy is all I have to say. For some reason they weren't brought it for curfew violation, maybe they were a bit older? No idea. To top it off they are freshmen/sophomores from the high school I graduated from eons ago, in a first-ring suburb, out carousing after their Homecoming loss.
I have my mind set that I'm going to send an email off to their principal. Back in my day that kind of behavior was not tolerated by the school. I also might walk over to the girl's house who had the party last night and have a little chat. Don't piss off the CzaMama!


5 comments:
Go Get Em!
Wow! Our was hit on purpose by a bottle rocket earlier this summer. Our wonderful police were not a awesome as yours. But Hubby walking the hood and talking to the parendts was by far way more effective.
Those little hooligans. Call the principal for sure and let them know. I hope they caught them all.
Who would have thought that two double yolks would be an omen for a house egging? Crazy, dude. I'm glad you able to nab the little heathens.
Those are both EXCELLENT ideas!
Post a Comment