Well, it didn't go as well as hoped. Actually, it was much worse than I would have imagined (minus getting "tapped" by someone's bumper on the way out...no damage though). We drop the children off at 9:30AM and by 10:30AM I got a call saying CiBaby hadn't stopped crying yet, and how long was I willing to let her cry? ugh. I ended up picking her up at 11:15AM, a full 2 hours and 45 minutes before the end of the day. I talked with the Director and we're going to try a short day again next week, but we're going to try to get her through lunch first.
So instead of spending some time getting a few things done I picked her up and we went and had lunch with G-Mama, who we hadn't seen in over a week since they were in Alaska! Then we did a little browsing for Halloween costume elements (I'll share our costume idea later, builds suspense that way) and then went home. CiBaby fell asleep almost immediately, but do you think I was able to transfer her to the house? Heavens no, and I can't get her to go back to sleep for anything. I swear some days that kid has insomnia (can toddlers have insomnia???) as she didn't get a ton of sleep last night and now just a 15 minute nap. This afternoon/evening should be LOTS of fun.
Round 3 next week.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
ugh! Have you thought of a co op situation? That way you are only leaving her one of the days and the other day she has a specific person to cling to. It might work! Co-op is a great preschool community!
I have some ideas for the costume too.....
Awwww, poor little thing - and I'm referring to you, of course ; )
She'll take to it eventually, I'm sure, and you'll wonder where your little cling-on has gone as she runs around playing with her friends.
Post a Comment