Monday, September 29, 2008

The End of an Era

I received a call from one of our lovely neighbors* on Saturday that they would like my consultation on some landscaping they are thinking about. Not an odd request, really.

We were able to get together tonight to go over the plans. During the discussion I learned they were planning on putting their house* on the market after the holidays. While I know this as the right thing for them, we will be very sad to see them go...even if it's only a couple miles away.

*We have great neighbors. These particular ones brought us baked goods on Christmas Eve, the day after we had moved in. How very thoughtful...so much so I remember the deets almost 7 years later.
**So if anyone is looking to live across from us, let me know, I'll hook ya up! I can't guarantee baked goods though...but I do make "damn good hummus."

1 comment:

Soggy Granola Mom said...

Homemade hummus, ketchup, and what else? Yum! Sign me up...oh, wait...we'd never be able to sell our place and break even. Damn mortgage crisis!

Cause seriously I would love, love, love to move to St. Paul.