The morning started out with a scramble to get to Tumbling Class at the local High School. I'd been talking about it just the day before and 15 minutes before it started I remember it was today! Yikes. We have never gotten ready that quickly and out the door ever. Because it was at the HS we walked...did I think about grabbing the stroller in our panic to get out the door??? Of course not! Try hustling a 2 year-old along a sidewalk of great exploration! To top it off there was a garage sale along the way...with a doll house. I put a hold on it, picked up CiBaby and we bolted to the school.
Tumbling class was crazy*. Imagine around 20 toddlers with 1-2 parents each in a room with padded floors and fun climbing/jumping/walking/hanging equipment. To say that CiBaby was a bit overwhelmed is putting it very mildly. It's a Mom, Dad and Me class, so at least she didn't have to leave my side. And as a former gymnast I know all of the mechanics of the different moves and how to break them down into teachable parts, so I think that was helpful in that she was shying away from all of the instructors. She finally got into it with only about 5 minutes left of class. Her fav was the cartwheel...which is really a half-cartwheel half-forward roll move, it's pretty cute.
With Tumbling class over we walked home, grabbed the stroller, went back to the garage sale to get the dollhouse and a couple other things.
said dollhouse
Later in the afternoon we gathered at a local park with some of our playgroup friends for family play and potluck. We had a blast and we also met some new friends...including another little 2 year-old girl from China!
Then, to top off the day, I met with some girlfriends for bookclub. We read The Mirror by Marlys Millhiser, written in the 70s, but so great! Nothing that I would have picked up on my own, that's why I love bookclubs. And to my great surprise, we had one of the best political issues discussion I've ever had with friends. Normally it end badly with people saying this like "why would you ever think that?!" or "you're wrong." Hence the reason I normally stick to facts or don't even get involved. But this was opinions. It was VERY refreshing. Thanks ladies.
It was an exhausting, but great, great day in this life.
*I brought my camera, but with only me today it wasn't possible to take pictures and participate. Next time.


2 comments:
What an awesome doll house! And gymnastics sounds like so much fun. CiBaby is going to have to teach O & E her moves. Sounds like you had a spectacular weekend!
That doll house is awesome!! Good find!
Post a Comment