Saturday, September 27, 2008

Opposites existing as one

This is our life, or so it seems.

Chuck E Cheese and Camel Rides

Both of these activities took place on the same day, in the same city, the city I call my "hometown."

We spent the late morning/early afternoon celebrating a little friend's birthday at Chuck E Cheese. I truly don't think I have been in that building since it was Showbiz Pizza when I was a kid. The kids had a blast. Of course I almost forgot the lactose pills, what a disaster that would have been. Thank goodness for a very close CVS.



Later in the day we picked up Bopa and Gwum (CiBaby's new name for G-Mama) and went a little ways down the street to the Middle Eastern festival at a local Greek Orthodox church. They had food, music AND camel rides! CiBaby was captivated by the camel. She wanted to get right up next to it. We are going to wait until next year to take her on the camel ride, as we were pretty darn positive that once she was set up on the beast she would freak out and there goes $10.


College and Preschool

Yes, we have 2 daughters (and 1 son)...one is in her 3rd year of college, the other is in pre-preschool.

We visited Big Sister at school this weekend for Family Weekend. It was a whirlwind. Big Sister and I "stuffed a (chenille) Husky" (the school mascot). It was quite fun.


While we were making stuffed animals, CiBaby and T-Daddy stood in line for Dave the Balloon Guy. Balloon figures. Doesn't seem like much, does it. Twist 1 balloon up into the shape of a dog? Oh no, not this guy. He used MANY balloon. He made a VERY patient CiBaby a Minnie Mouse (who she actually realizes is a mouse and not a monkey anymore). She was ecstatic. She was SO happy she even consented to having her picture taken with a stranger. Shocking, I know.



Cafeteria food and cucumber infused water
To my utter amazement, I found cucumber infused water at the "hydration station" in the cafeteria of Big Sister's school. They also had strawberry and lemon...but I love cucumber. It's so refreshing. Talk about a change from when I was in school!

Fiercely independent, bossy and shy

Our youngest child, CiBaby. If you're around her at home she's fiercely independent (I do it, I hold it, etc.) and very bossy (sit! come! etc). We go off to playdates and generally she'll be playing, climbing, leading boys around, or eating.



However, if we get into new situations, someone is new or if you step away from her side for a second, watch out for Miss Shy. She clings, she cries, she carries on. How could this be the same child?



What an interesting life. It's a good thing I majored in Child Psychology. lol

2 comments:

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

Evan is the same way! And I was wondering, was that Middle Eastern festival in West St. Paul? I saw the advertisements for it when we were on our way to preschool and I thought it sounded so interesting!

CzaMama said...

Yes, at St. George's on Oakdale. It's an annual event at this time of year.