On Wednesday, Auntie, Grams and I were going through some of Grams treasures to put into a garage sale on Thursday*. During that time I came upon a container that looked like those disposable face cleansing cloths but it said Palmolive on the lid. Disposable dish cloths** with dish soap soaked in and dried??? Why?!? Just in case you want to take some on the plane, but you can't carry a bottle of dish soap measuring under 3 oz? Dishes on the fly?
I am not into disposable products*** at all, but one thing I hate more than disposable products is getting ride of perfectly usable items just for the sake of being greener. So I brought them home.**** Sure they work, but they still puzzle me.
*I only sold about 5 items all day, and got one of CiBaby's super cute, never been worn shoes stolen. I must have been too "pricey" for those thrifty shoppers.
**it looks like Palmolive stopped making this handy product. Who would have thought?!
***I was a very overwhelmed new mom that uses disposable diapers (but I don't like it), but I'm slowly changing over to cloth.
****I suppose we could have put them in the sale for one of those cheap bastards to buy for a nickle...or bargain us down to a penny. yesh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I like being on the greener side...but I would use the dish cloths. Before we travel I usually put some dish soap on a wash rag and put it in a Ziploc so we can easily wash dishes at the hotel. I don't know if the disposable dish clothes are better on the environment than the Ziploc bags I throw away - either way something gets tossed in the trash when we travel.
I found your charming blog by chance. I have been blogging for awhile but recently decided to give blogspot a whirl. Hope you don't mind if drop by once in ahwile. I tend to reuse disposable plastic silverware since it will do just fine in the dishwasher and I also reuse disposable plastic containers since they also do very well in the dishwasher.
I can't believe they stole her shoes! You just have to hope that whoever it was really needed them and really couldn't afford them, not that they are just a jerk.
The more the merrier, China Pattern! Welcome to my life ;-)
Suzy, interesting perspective. Very true, something would be thrown away. I guess you could use a reusable container for your dish cloth instead of a bag. Just a thought.
CP, if you wash them, are they truely disposable? things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Karen, yeah, I know...on all counts.
Post a Comment