Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Why does your garden grow?

This is a question that I get from just about everyone I know, and don't know for that matter.

While I'd like to say it's because I'm a Master Gardener and that I'm super dedicated, that's not it. Or the fact that I've been gardening for over 3 decades (yikes) with my family, that's just where the deep love of gardening comes from.

No, what really makes my garden grow...
You do not need to adjust the color of your monitor, nor did I touch up the photo...this is au natural. Really black soil. We were blessed with an entire yard full of it. It's so dark people have stopped in the street and asked us if they could buy our "black dirt" when we had large piles of it from landscaping projects (sorry, no, we use it for "fill").

So while I'd like to think it's because of all of the love, knowledge and sweat that we have a beautiful yard and wonderful produce, it's the soil from which the fruits of our labor feed.









Gratuitous picture of our "Pretty Maid" eating pool side today.

2 comments:

Hippy Goodwife said...

Feed the soil and the soil will feed you! But I am certain you know that already!

What a lovely pretty maid you have!

Tag you're it!...

http://carmen-whome.blogspot.com/2008/06/oooh-meme-i-still-dont-really-know-what.html

Suzy said...

I'm jealous! We have completely sandy soil here so it takes a bit more to make things grow. I try.