"Your wit is sharp and quick. Avoid using sarcasm on an unsuspecting victim"
Those were my fortune cookie fortunes* from last night. Appropriate? Wildly, so I've been told.
I have had the good fortune of hooking up with a wonderful group of ladies under the pretense of our children. Most days our children are with us, but once in awhile a rare occasion brings us out without our children. I've joined a new bookclub (don't worry, the old one is still around and they know all about it...it's one of those "open relationships") and I also get to hang out with some really neat people. All so very different, but I love that.
Last night we had a girl's night out...we had a blast! If it hadn't been for the fact that one of the group was moving in a few days, it would have been even that much more fun...but it was fun all the same. We laughed, talked, ate and drank the night away. I had the most delish mojito...Thai herb mojito...to. die. for. Our bellies and hearts were full and our faces and sides hurt from laughing so much.
Oddly, everyone received fortunes that suited them very well, or at least we had a good giggle over them and their possibilities. These were some of them.
"Others are deeply moved by your presence."
"Someone you know is waiting for your praise (in bed**)."
"You tend to leave no stones unturned in life."
"Be tactful: what goes around comes around."
"Your uniqueness is more than an outward appearance."
"Good things come in invisible packages. You will be delighted."
"You tend to spark the flame of enthusiasm in people (definately in bed)."
"Expand your horizons by reading a new book (in bed)."
"A business trip will bring you excellent results (in bed)."
To the girls! cheers
*I love fortunes so much I have a little fortune cookie book. If you would like one too, call Ellington & French in Berkeley and they'll hook you up!
**Do you add the "in bed" at the end of your fortunes? I never had. We talked about many fortune cookie traditions, all of them different.


4 comments:
OH Rena you are so witty and smart and such a deep thinker!! LOL. Funny fate didn't give me that one!! LOL.
But it's true...you are all those things...
Oh....and what I wouldn't have done for my own mojito! It was delicious and I was jealous!!! I will be going back to that one....a year from now!!! LOL
Hey! Found your blog!! :) (I'm gonna add it to mine, ok?)
Anyway, yep, I'm one of the people who add "in bed" to my fortune cookies. Always adds some amusement...
It's a good thing you held onto that mojito...I was seriously contemplating how I could get it from you without you noticing!
Post a Comment