Sunday, July 6, 2008

about me...part 2

I was tagged with a meme again (who comes up with these names?!). This came from Hippy Goodwife, via Ducky, via Samsara...etc...

"The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people (or whatever) and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer."

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?:
I had just moved from education to the health care field. I bought my first car and we were planning our wedding.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today:
weed out all of the Chinese lantern plants
transplant some volunteer tomato plants
dishes
bike ride (that got cancelled out on a count it was really hot and humid and we went to Minnehaha falls with the 'rents for a hike and eats)
sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

(3) Snacks I enjoy:
hummus
cheese and crackers
any kind of fruit
do beverages count as snacks???

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Travel
Buy a hobby farm
Teach kids how to grow and prepare their own food

5) Places I have lived (don't count me out, I've travelled a lot :-):
St. Paul
A quick stint in La Crosse

6) Jobs I have had:
babysitting - I did a lot of this back in the day
house repair person
assistant to food stylists (I prepped the food to be photographed)
receptionist
special education pee-on...er yeah...that's about right
supervisor of physically and mentally challenged adults learning work skills
Mary Kay consultant
event planner
webmaster
office manager/administrator (2 diff jobs, same kind of title)
Mama!

7) People I want to know more about (if you're not into/jiggy/down with "it", no worries!):
Karen
Clare

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did it, I did it! I re-tagged you just 'cause I felt like it. I don't know if that's legal but I've never played this game before.

http://corbinmonkey.blogspot.com/2008/07/moment-for-mommy.html

Clare said...

Okay Rena, here you go…

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?:
In July 1998, I was working for United Way of Omaha, for a very cool boss. I had a crazy commute, but loved my job.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today:
clean out the junk drawer
re-write the to-do list
look up a recipe for salmon patties
update the phone list of mom friends
find the portable potty we have, somewhere

(3) Snacks I enjoy:
fruit (peaches, pineapple, grapes, blueberries)
cupcakes, brownies, brownies
havarti and crackers

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Buy land in Hawaii then build an eco-friendly house with sustainable and green materials
Travel – lots and lots of travel (Greece, Italy, Ireland, Scotland, Russia and China)
Pay off all loans/debts/mortgages/bills
Major spa event – scrub, mani/pedi, hair,


5) Places I have lived
Hawaii
Omaha, Nebraska
Leicester, England
Rochester, NY
Ypsilanti, MI
Portland, OR
San Diego, CA
Minneapolis, MN


6) Jobs I have had:
babysitting
bus girl
book store clerk
secretary
marketing assistant
sales clerk
fundraiser/ grant writer
public relations manager
optician


7) People I want to know more about:
You, Rena!