This is a question I've asked myself time and again throughout the years.
For years I was CzaRena, the street smart, logic based, creative, crafty, handy, sassy, intelligent*, exuberant, eclectic, good cooking, body building, people loving, violin playing, tech savvy, fair playing, gardening, devil's advocate, hip, dancing fiend traveler who battled anorexia, low self-esteem and miscarriages to come out well on the other side.
Now that I'm CzaMama I'm trying to remember who I was and keep everything I've worked so hard to become over the years, but add a little something more. While I love being a mom, that's not all I want to be, nor do I want my girls to see. I am more than just someone's mom...I'm Cza!
*I recently discovered after several IQ tests that I'm not as dingy as I had been thinking...to say I was "shocked" would be a bit much, but definitely pleasantly affirmed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
RENA! You are still those things! You're fabulous!!!! And now on top of that you are a great mother!
First, Second, Third impressions of you are all the things you listed above. But, I also see you as compassionate. You are an awesome mom and a great friend.
Rena, You rock! and I am so glad that I have met you. Our kids freinds will always see us as someones mom but to other moms you are a inspiration. Kids just don't realize that until they have kids of their own (just don't tell my mom that).
;-)
Funny, I've always seen these wonderful things in you, sweet Cza! You left out the part about an infectious giggle, bearing a genuine sense of kindness that is so rare, and a smile that warms a room. But hey, that's just what I see. :)
Oh and you DO have a very endearing Minnesota accent to this Boston girl's ear! Oh ya, you betcha do.
You are PERFECT!! Need I say more? Well, I can...you're kind, outgoing, welcoming, an absolute riot, patient, honest, & you've got the best skirts! Plus as a bonus you're smokin' hot (not saying that in a gay way or anything)!
Aww thanks everyone.
I had a couple frantic calls after I posted this, and no, I'm not going off the deep end.
Recently I've been introduced only as CiBaby's mom (by adult women, no less)...no name and almost like a complete after thought. It was a bit disconserting.
I love being a mom, but one day they'll fly the coop and I'll be left with Me, Myself and I once again. I figure if I can keep "Me" going, it won't be so hard when they leave to become themselves. I hope they will be as successful at it as I was/am.
Post a Comment