Saturday, August 9, 2008

China Reunion, the Hebrew Nationals and the harvest begins

This morning T-Daddy, CiBaby and I hopped into our fuel efficient car and headed on over to our adoption agency's China Reunion.

There were crafts, vendors (I bought some great books and stamps), a silent auction, music, food, stairs...

It was a very fun event.

But what was almost more fun is that we got to see some friends* we made on our trip to China last year...the Fabulous Ds! (The Ds have 8 children...remember what I told you about the number 8 yesterday?) They are such a great family. (And no, I have no idea why we're so far away from the others in the pic, it's very odd.)


The guys picked up where they left off...

And the kids have all gotten so big and changed so much in the last 9 months.




It was a very fun, and exhausting morning.

This evening before dinner, I went out to the garden to pick some veggies. There were gorgeous cucumbers and a bounty of tomatoes (although I had a hard time keeping the cherry tomatoes in the bowl once CiBaby discovered where I was and what I was picking.)


For dinner we had a wonderful tomato salad, my fav, cucumbers and Hebrew National hotdogs (T-Daddy requested these yesterday at TJs...he likes the commercials)...what can I say?! Can you believe, CiBaby ate 2 1/2 hotdogs for dinner?!? (sans bun, she's low carb-ing it you know, minus the noodles, rice and crackers she eats all day long).

Between the beginning of the Olympics last night and this morning I really want to go back to China. Hey did I mention T-Daddy has softened up to the notion of adopting again?

It was a very good day in this life.

*Unfortunately our other friends were not able to attend this year.

4 comments:

Aiden and Grant's Mommy said...

That one teared me up a bit Rena!

PUMPKIN PETUNIA said...

How fun to reconnect with people that you have such a bond with. And I shrieked with delight about the possibility of another adoption. You're such a great mama, the thought of you sharing the love even more makes my heart happy.

Janine said...

I too shrieked with delight at the possibility of another adoption. How exciting!

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

Super cool. I hope you win the adoption argument. Looking at all those adorable kids together was so neat!