Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Day of School!

CiBaby went off to her first day of school today*. She goes one day a week for the morning and into the early afternoon. They did an art project, had gym and music time and lots of play time in their classroom. She and her classmates even had lunch together. Of course she didn't eat her lunch but helped herself to everyone else's, deeming herself the official Lunch Taste Tester in the room.



My main goal during her time at school was to go to the gym, first and foremost (there is one close to CiBaby's school), run errands and do some housework. My first goal was derailed when I found the gym that I use to be able to go to in that suburb has become a "Gold" gym, therefore I can't go. BLAH! I'm not going to up my membership dues just to go one day per week, as our gym is only "Bronze."

Instead of getting a nice workout in, I got coffee and did a bit of browsing, as it was a "short" day at school today.

I talked with CiBaby's teachers before I went in to get her. She cried just a bit off and on during her time there, but nothing too bad**. Of course when she saw me she instantly broke down and did the squishy-face cry...you know the one I'm talking about. Once she calmed down she said "bye bye" to her teachers and we were off.

In the car she multi tasked by eating her lunch and taking a nap***.




My baby is growing up. Next thing you know she'll be off to college like Big Sister!

Stay tuned for round 2 next week.

*I had to get these pictures around the corner right before picking her up as she was crying as I left.
**I was actually very nervous about this.
***She wasn't blinking, she was actually sleep eating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Way to go baby girl! (momma, too!) What an exciting day. It will be great :)

China Pattern said...

Sleep eating is something I should try to learn to save time! I know she'll be more comfortable with the classroom as time goes by. I know how nice it is to have some time to get other things done.

Aiden and Grant's Mommy said...

I'm glad she had so much fun! She is really sleeping with the food at her mouth?? LOL