Thursday, September 18, 2008

We be jammin

Do you recall the raspberries I talked about back in July? I'm not sure that I mentioned at the time that these particular canes bear fruit twice during the growing season - mid-summer and late-summer/early-autumn, with the later producing much more.

Last evening, on one of my daily gathering of produce from the garden, I came back with over a pound of raspberries! Now, we could have gorged ourselves that evening, but I decided that was as a best time as any to try my hand at raspberry jam.

So this morning, with a chair up to the counter, CiBaby and I made jam...5 - 4 ounce jars of it. It was delicious! The offical taste-tester thought so too, she got to lick the spoon and cooled pan.



Now we will be able to savor the fruits of our labor this coming winter. I love having a farm in the city all to myself!