That's the way I feel tonight.
I went out, as a fifth wheel (although P insists I wasn't), on "date night" with some foodie friends. We ventured across the river to a food event that featured 34 local restaurants. Oh. My. God. I'm still full. [Almost] everything was divine. At the end of our evening there, P asked everyone what their favs were. She told me that my absolute fav didn't count, as it was a mini caprese salad (because I make them all of the time in the summer). It was heavenly. The plum tomato was lightly roasted and the balsamic vinegar was of a good quality. Mmmmmm summer on a plate. So my [second, shhh] favorite was a pineapple cardamom cake from Saffron that was delish!...and I'm not a sweets person.
3 hours* and $35 later we were fat, dumb and very, very happy. But don't tell all of your friends, we want to keep this on the...shhhhhhhhhhhh...down low.
*We stopped at Nye's Polonaise Room (voted one of the best bars in America!) for a night cap before heading home. I will shout it from the roof top that it was my first time there and all I had was plain, old water with lime...but a lot of fun. Thanks Corky!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Whose Corky?
T
Corky's *the* (old) guy behind the bar...who cut me off from my tall drink of water with lime.
Post a Comment