Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Let's go to the movies

This morning T-Daddy and I took CiBaby to her very first movie, Horton Hears a Who. Sooooo cute! Some of our local theaters are having early matinee movies for free this summer, so we thought it was a perfect time to see how it would go.

We got to the theater about 30 minutes before the show started. I went in to get seats and they stopped by the concession stand for pa-goom (popcorn, in CiBabyese) and drinks. Thankfully, as a few minutes later a hoard of children arrived from a summer program to take up 2+ rows of seats and throngs of people poured in.

CiBaby was wide-eyed at the big screen. Most of the time she didn't even take her eyes off the screen to grab some popcorn or juice (ssshhhh, we brought that in). She laughed in appropriate places even. She loved it. We got through about an hour and then she got antsy, we were impressed. It was almost harder to get T-Daddy out of the theater than it was CiBaby. This one is definitely on our "to rent/buy" list.

3 comments:

THE LETTS FAMILY said...

I have seen it and really wanted it to be Owen's 1st movie, but we wouldn't have made it that long with Evan and I didn't have back up. Lucky you. Glad she liked it. It's such a good kid flick! So silly!

Suzy said...

Oh, it is so good CiBaby's first movie theater experience was so good! My kids still get antsy when we go. I'll have to check the movie out sometime...

~Steph said...

I'm so glad you got in!! We were right BEHIND the hoard of kids; needless to say, we had to turn around and go home. :(