A few of our neighbors love to stop by our raspberry canes and have a treat or two, once in a while. I don't mind. If I catch them, I razz them a bit, but it's all in good fun. I especially love it if I'm in the back garden, on the other side of the fence and raspberries and "catch" them in the act.
Today, CiBaby and I walked up the alley to a garage sale. On our way back down, one of the cars that had been at the sale drove slowly down the alley and then backed up, pulled closer to the left side (where our house is), stuck out their hands and helped themselves to a bunch of our raspberries! What kahunas! It's one thing when you know the people and you've been invited to "help yourself," but would you ever help yourself to goods (veggies, fruit, flowers) in a stranger's yard???
Today, CiBaby and I walked up the alley to a garage sale. On our way back down, one of the cars that had been at the sale drove slowly down the alley and then backed up, pulled closer to the left side (where our house is), stuck out their hands and helped themselves to a bunch of our raspberries! What kahunas! It's one thing when you know the people and you've been invited to "help yourself," but would you ever help yourself to goods (veggies, fruit, flowers) in a stranger's yard???


3 comments:
Does that just get you riled? We used to grow tomatoes near the road, as it was the sunniest spot in the yard. The year I was home on maternity leave with Tenley (1996!!!!) I offered the tomatoes to our neighbors, as they were coming so fast, and we just weren't eating them.
Well, our neighbor whom we commonly refer to as "Crazy Cathy" still came limping up the road every summer to help herself. We finally had to send the dog out to bark at her every time and she would quickly waddle back to her house....
Sadly, the coyote urine doesn't work with nutty neighbors!
I just found it very odd, as I would never even think to do something like that, no matter how much I was drooling over the thought of having something.
Too bad, MM, that coyote urine is great stuff...but I've heard it's a pain in the tookas to get those coyotes to pee in a cup! ;-)
This used to happen all the time to my parents. Dad has a great vege garden and a couple of times a month it would get cleaned out! In the end he put barbed wire on the top of the fence that was being climbed to steal our veges and fruit. It never happened again, although someone did have the cheak to go to the police to say that Dad had put barbed wire on the top of the fence and he had hurt himself... ah hello get a life.
I think it is totally rude! and that would Pi$$ me off!
Post a Comment