Friday, August 29, 2008

Wow

Regardless of your political affiliation, November 4, 2008 will be* a very monumental day. We will elect either an African American man as President or woman as Vice President** of the United States. This is an election that will go down in the history books, no hanging chads necessary.


Note: You will not find political opinions anywhere within this blog. If that's what you are looking for, you've come to the wrong place.

*Of course other minor parties could win, but until people can get past the "D" or the "R" after a candidates name it will be unlikely.
**The only way this could be better is if the woman was running against the African-American man for President.

6 comments:

China Pattern said...

I will not be posting about my political beliefs in my blog either. I am delighted that history will be made either way as well. What I like about this campaign is that I hear the candidates being discussed by their stances on the ISSUES, as it should be.

Aiden and Grant's Mommy said...

Ok. I won't post here....OK I will....ok I won't. But I will send you e-mails about it!!!

OBAMA for president! Do we want a 72 year old president who picked a woman for being a woman not because she was a woman who is capable of running our country should something happen to the old geezer? Creationism in school? Sensationalizing that she didn't abort her daughter who has Down Syndrome? Big Oil? Really??

Damn, I had too!!! If you don't post this I completely understand. LOL.

CzaMama said...

My only point is that there will be a "first" regardless of who wins.I actually never commented on the capabilities of either ticket. That will be saved for my own mind's conversation. :-)

Aiden and Grant's Mommy said...

Sorry Rena!

Suzy said...

I won't be posting about my political affiliations or what I think either...but I do agree, it will be a historic race! If one of the two major parties win, which like you said 'other minority parties could win,' then history will be made! Exciting times ahead.

PUMPKIN PETUNIA said...

Yes, it will be historic. But it doesn't stop me from having a huge pit in my stomach about how critical this election is. I honestly feel like the outcome of this election is life or death for my family and for this country. Here's to hoping that this sick feeling goes away on the morning of November 5th!